The National Platform for Women is a voluntary network established 14 years ago in Saranda and spread across the country thanks to the OSCE support within the project for the empowerment of women in decision-making. We are not registered with the Court, we operate with individual responsibilities and in the form of local task forces throughout Albania.
The purpose of the organization
- Advocacy and lobbying for gender equality in political and public life;
- Awareness of gender stereotypes, and their opposition in the family and society;
- Supporting women in increasing their capacities (personal, professional, political);
- Working with the media in order to promote gender equality and challenge gender stereotypes;
- Efforts to enforce gender equality legislation and related laws.
|Legal representative of the organization, Laureta Roshi|